January 15th, 10am-3pm
Piano Backing Tracks
Above are four audition pieces. Those wishing to be considered for the roles of George or Dot MUST sing those pieces. Those wishing to be considered for any role but NOT George or Dot may sing the appropriate soprano/tenor or alto/bass piece.
Please note that the Soprano/Tenor piece is sung by a man in the below clips and sopranos should sing this piece an octave higher. The Alto/Bass part is sung by a woman in the below clips. Basses should sing this an octave lower.
To the right of the YouTube playlist is a list of locations in the video where the audition music begins.
YouTube playlist tracklist and timestamps.
George Audition Music (Finishing the Hat)
1. Mandy Patinkin, Original Broadway Cast
begins at 1:01
2. Jake Gyllenhaal, New Broadway Revival
begins at 1:10
3. Julian Ovenden, Théâtre du Châtelet production, Paris
begins at 1:37
Dot Audition Music (We Do Not Belong Together)
4. Bernadette Peters, Original Broadway Cast
begins at 2:20
5. Annaleigh Ashford, New Broadway Revival
6. Sophie-Louise Dann, Théâtre du Châtelet, Paris
SATB Audition Music (Beautiful)
7. Original Broadway Cast
Soprano/Tenor begins at 1:16
Alto/Bass begins at 0:30
8. New Broadway Revival
Soprano/Tenor begins at 1:45
Alto/Bass begins at 0:58